Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We Really Thought Our People Would Go For John Edwards, Because Of The Flippy Hair.

Did anyone else see this story in Newsweek about Hillary and the gays? You should read it. It's not news that the leading Democratic candidates (who favor abolishing Don't Ask, Don't Tell and support civil partnerships) don't support marriage equality and aren't vocal enough about our rights. But we're glad somebody vocalized something we've been feeling a long time: We kind of love Hillary. For no good reason. Maybe it's because she's mom-like, maybe it's because she's almost a powerful black woman, or maybe it's just because she pops her collars – for whatever reason, it's there. God, we're so fucking predictable.

5 comments:

Patrick Prescott said...

I feel nothing for disdain for her. If you think she's mom-like, I feel sorry for you. Your childhood must have sucked. :-)

Anonymous said...

I second Patrick - and they all need to get out of our bars.

Tim said...

spoken as a gay repub, i would vote for her if she divorced Bill.

Unknown said...

I have to admit I'm leaning heavily in her direction at the moment. She's shady as hell, but she gets the damn job done. Her body count is bound to be a bit lower than Bush's, at the very least. And there's something about that Obama fella I just don't like. I can't put my finger on it exactly.

Tim said...

hmm inexperience? reminiscing about JFK and the fiasco of Cuba and Vietnam? goes where to start.
I know it's weird but i actually expect a much higher body count under Clinton, that's the only reason I would vote for her.
I'm not displeased with Bush about mortalities, he's had the safest invasion and occupation of any president ever, it's his management style and lack of follow thru that is grating. if only he could speak well enough to articulate a point.... any point really.