Friday, February 23, 2007

Finally, Someone Comes Out Who People In Middle America Trust More Than Jesus.

This makes us happy. Financial guru Suze Orman will come out of the closet in the New York Times Magazine this weekend, apparently. We don't listen to her (we are broke and we don't need the grief, OKAY?) but thousands and thousands of people across America do - and what's more, they trust her and think she is successful.

"Orman says she 'has a relationship with life,' so [Deborah] Solomon presses
her, and Suze then reveals that her 'life partner' is Kathy Travis and, 'We're
going on seven years. I have never been with a man in my whole life. I'm still a
55-year-old virgin.' Orman says they'd like to get married, and both 'have
millions of dollars in our name. It's killing me that upon my death, K.T. is
going to lose 50 percent of everything I have to estate taxes. Or vice versa.'"


Wow, go Suze. And you thought lesbians and savings accounts were only good for comic relief.

1 comment:

MyMyMichl said...

Oh, I'm so glad to know that; you go, girl. But Suz, I can't believe you haven't concocted some way to beat the death tax system. I mean, if not you then who?

I guess now that Suzie's come out, there's not much sense in me doing the same thing: it just wouldn't make the same kind of splash.