That’s not to mention the fact that:
- The Empress’s palace was basically the most phallic thing ever.
- So, frankly, was Falcor, the Luck Dragon.
- One of Atreyu’s toughest challenge was to run the gauntlet between those two hypersexualized sphinx women, who wanted to zap him with their judging eyes.
- And the next one was to face himself in a mirror to admit who he really was inside.
- The movie’s love interest had was a genderless pre-teen named “The Childlike Empress”
- And come on, what gay man hasn’t fantasized about waking up curled up in the lap of a giant, soft white puppy?
And don't pretend you didn't have a crush on Atreyu when you were little. Some of you still do.